What is Skin Needling?
Skin needling uses a roller with tiny needles over it to
make tiny pinpoint wounds in the skin. This dermal damage
induces the release of the growth factors that stimulate
the production of new collagen and elastin. Skin needling
creates dermal damage without removing the healthy
epidermis. Because of this the healing period is rapid.
Skin needling can be done to improve acne scarring,
general scars, stretch marks and upper lip lines.
It is also used to improve pores, tighten the skin on the
face, neck, upper arm, buttocks and legs.
For the best results the skin needs to be prepared and
This allows less down time and better results.
Why use Skin Needling?
- Collagen and elastin are stimulated naturally
- Down time is minimum (redness for 24–48 hours)
- It is suitable for all skin types
- All areas can be treated
- Areas have multiple treatments for maximum results.
How Skin Needling is performed
The client will come in 30 minutes before
After 30 minutes the topical anaesthetic cream
will have worked and the treatment can begin.
- The skin is cleansed to remove makeup, creams etc.
A before photograph is taken so we can track the
A topical anaesthetic cream is placed all over the area
that is to be treated.
Once treated the area is washed and Vaseline™
is placed over
- Depending on the pain tolerance of the client,
they may experience some pain.
The therapist will start the needling with a
professional roller. Small areas are needled until
bleeding takes place.
The client is given an aftercare sheet and an
- This is to stop any bacteria entering the skin and
Skin-care while using this treatment will be
discussed with the client and products prescribed
to maintain the skin.
- The client rolls the skin at home every alternate day.
- Salon treatments are approx every 6 weeks.